Richard started playing the guitar at age five and has never looked back. Focusing early on with the fingerstyle guitar of Chet Atkins and Jerry Reed, he began transcribing classical music, jazz, the gypsy style of Django Reinhardt, bluegrass, ragtime and the blues to Sousa marches. Now a seasoned performer in his forties with thousands of performances worldwide to his credit, Richard has become renowned worldwide for his mastery of instrument and for his knock-out entertaining shows.
- 1999 AFG Golden Thumbpick Award
- 2001 National Fingerstyle Guitar Champion
- 2008 Thumbpicker of the Year
- 2009 National Thumbpickers Hall of Fame Induction
- Played with Chet Atkins, Les Paul, Nato Lima, Boots Randolph, Tommy Emmanuel, John Jorgenson, Marcel Dadi, Tommy Tedesco, Joe Pass, Biréli Lagrène, Mark O'Connor, Sam Bush, Stuart Duncan, Martin Taylor, Jorge Morel, Earl Klugh, Suzy Bogguss, Victor Wooten, John Cowan and countless more.