The Adelaide Guitar Festival, led by Artistic Director Slava Grigoryan, is the most significant festival of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere. Festival goers experience artists from around the world coming together with some of the best Australian guitarists to deliver an exciting program of events. The festival is made up of performances, free and low-cost workshops, master classes, artist’s talks, panel discussions and programs for emerging musicians.
While the full festival is held biennially, with the next in 2020, Adelaide Guitar Festival continues to expand it’s supplementary annual events to connect and strengthen relationships with students, artists and audiences throughout South Australia.
- Guitars In Bars, 1 – 31 July 2019 – an open-access program celebrating South Australia’s vibrant live music scene
- Resonance, 1 – 31 July 2019– Understanding how music can play a role in health, well-being, and recovery, the Resonance program will deliver outstanding guitarists for intimate performances at hospitals, aged care facilities and community centres across South Australia
- Adelaide International Classical Guitar Competition, 15 – 19 July 2019 - The most prestigious guitar competition in the southern hemisphere with emerging guitarists from around the world playing for $32,000 worth of prizes.
- Adelaide Guitar Festival Winter School, 15 – 19 July 2019– invites guitarists of all ages to participate in a week of intensive, immersive guitar playing and skills development with highly respected national and international guitar teachers. Two streams will be featured in 2019; Classical and Blues & Roots.
- Adelaide Guitar Festival, Special Edition, 15 – 19 July 2019 – Slava Grigoryan curates a sampler of the Adelaide Guitar Festival experience with a series of intimate concerts.
Adelaide Guitar Festival is proud to celebrate Adelaide’s designation as a UNESCO City of Music!
The 180 cities in 72 Countries currently make up this network work together towards a common objective: placing creativity and cultural industries at the heart of their development plans at the local level and cooperating actively at the international level.
See how the Adelaide Guitar Festival has changed throughout the years.Read More
Artistic Director Slava Grigoryan returns for 2018Read More
Classical Guitar Competition
The most prestigious guitar competition in the Southern Hemisphere.Read More
Who's Making the Festival
The team behind Adelaide Festival Centre's 2018 Adelaide Guitar Festival.Read More
Sign UpRead More