The Adelaide International Classical Guitar Competition is the most prestigious guitar competition in the Southern Hemisphere and has provided career-launching opportunities for six incredible young guitarists: Jin-Hee Kim (South Korea) in 2010, Andrey Lebedev (Australia) in 2012, Bogdan Mihailescu (Romania) in 2014, Marko Topchii (Ukraine) in 2016, Miles Johnston (Australia) in 2018, Andrew Blanch (Australia) in 2019 and Pietro Locatto in 2020 (Italy).
- AUD $10,000 prize money
- A Jim Redgate Guitar, valued at USD $16,000 (AUD $23,000)
- An invitation to perform at the next Adelaide Guitar Festival (including all travel expenses)
- AUD $4,000 prize money
- AUD $2,000 prize money
- 11 January, 2021: Audition Round Opens (Online only)
- 12 March, 2021: Audition Round Closes
- 12 April, 2021: Semi Finalists announced
- 6 July, 2021: Semi Final Round (Adelaide, Australia)
- 8 July, 2021: Grand Final Round (Adelaide, Australia)
The 2021 competition audition round has now closed.
The Classical Guitar Competition is supported by Adelaide Festival Centre Foundation. You can support the work of the Foundation in delivering youth and education programs and career development opportunities.
The Class of Cabaret program and Nathaniel O’Brien Scholarship are supported by Adelaide Festival Centre Foundation. You can support the work of the Foundation in delivering youth and education programs and career development opportunities.