The Adelaide International Classical Guitar Competition is the most prestigious guitar competition in the Southern Hemisphere and has provided career-launching opportunities for six incredible young guitarists: Jin-Hee Kim (South Korea) in 2010, Andrey Lebedev (Australia) in 2012, Bogdan Mihailescu (Romania) in 2014, Marko Topchii (Ukraine) in 2016, Miles Johnston (Australia) in 2018 and Andrew Blanch (Australia) in 2019.
Please note that due to the current COVID-19 health crisis the Adelaide International Classical Guitar Competition has been changed to an online format for this year. There will only be two rounds to the competition (Audition Round & Final Round), there are no entrance fees and no requirements to travel to Adelaide to participate in the final round in 2020.
Please carefully read the updated Rules & Regulations.
The competition is open to all competitors under 32 years. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Repertoire Released – August 2019
- Audition Round Opens (online only) – 25 March 2020
- Audition Round Closes (online only) – 13 May 2020
- Audition Round Results Notification – 29 May 2020
- Final Round Submission Deadline – 29 July 2020
- Winner announced – 7 August 2020
- A Jim Redgate Guitar, valued at USD$16,000 (AUD$23000)
- An invitation to perform at the next Adelaide Guitar Festival (including all travel expenses)
There will be no Second and Third prizes in 2020