Please also see Conditions of Entry
Adelaide Festival Centre has appointed Ticketek Pty Ltd as it's authorised agent for the sale of tickets for all events at Adelaide Festival Centre venues. The Ticketek Terms of Sale are available here.
Ticketek abides by the Live Performance Australia Ticketing code of Practice. A copy of the code is available at liveperformance.com.au
COVID-19 Special Terms and Conditions of Sale
The Adelaide Festival Centre Trust (“Trust”) has adopted some special Terms and Conditions in light of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. These special terms are set out below and operate to supplement the Ticketek Terms and Conditions of Sale. If there is any inconsistency between these Special Terms and the other Terms and Conditions, these Special Terms apply to the extent of the inconsistency. All other Terms and Conditions continue in full force and effect.
- You should not attend the Venue or the event if you are required to be in isolation as a result of COVID-19 diagnosis or pending test result OR you have been directed to be in quarantine because of close contact with a person with COVID-19 OR if you are experiencing any of the symptoms of COVID-19. You must communicate these requirements to member of your booking party which apply to them as well.
- You and each member of your booking party must comply with any COVID-19 safety protocols or requirements notified to you by the Trust (including by way of signage at the Venue or by way of line markings on the floor). This includes complying with:
- QR code check-in requirements
- Hand hygiene requirements;
- Physical distancing requirements (including physical spacing requirements while queuing);
- Patron limits for particular spaces and areas; or
- Patron density requirements.
You acknowledge that patrons not adhering to these requirements may be in breach of directions issued by the State Coordinator for which penalties may apply.
- You acknowledge that the Trust may be required to collect contact tracing information from you and each member of your booking party when you and they attend the Venue. This includes the first name and phone number of each person who attends the Venue including children and babies. You must communicate this requirement to each member of your booking party before they attend the Venue.
- You agree to provide us with any information we are required to collect for contract tracing purposes. The purpose of collecting this information is to assist any contact tracing in the event of an outbreak or potential exposure to someone with COVID-19 at the Venue. You acknowledge that we may disclose contact tracing information to health authorities or as otherwise required or authorised by law. You acknowledge that we may retain the information for 28 days (or such longer period as required by law), after which time it will be deleted or destroyed. While we hold the information, we will take all reasonable steps to keep your contact tracing information secure and free from unauthorised access or use.
- You and your booking party may be refused entry or required to leave the Venue or event if you or they:
- refuse to comply with any COVID-19 safety protocols or requirements notified to you by the Trust.
- refuse to comply with any reasonable health and safety directions given by Venue staff.
- refuse to provide contract tracing information to the Trust on request.
- are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, as notified to or as assessed by Venue staff. These include: fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose or loss of sense of smell.
- are required to be in isolation as a result of COVID-19 diagnosis/pending test result or have been directed to be in quarantine because of close contact with a person with COVID-19.
In these circumstances, Tickets will not be exchanged or refunded unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
- We ask that you and each member of your booking party to make a reasonable assessment of your health status before attending our Venue or the event. To avoid doubt, you will not be entitled to a refund if you or a member of your booking party attends our Venue or event despite you exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms and if you or they are then refused entry or asked to leave the Venue or event.
- You must notify the Trust immediately if you or any member of your booking party develops any symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days of attending a Venue.
Last updated: 12/11/2021